Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Search       Member List      Official United Site     ArabZone      ArabTRUST       BBC Sport     Twitter
Welcome to The Arab League, one of the longest established Dundee United Football forums, with many members from the old ArabFC forum.

New members are always welcomed, so to join the debate, just sign up - registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join The Arab League!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
vs Falkirk; 14/4, 3pm
Topic Started: Apr 12 2018, 09:46 AM (893 Views)
Setenza
Member Avatar
Knitting with only one needle
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What United team will show up, a hard working team determined to get a good result, or a return to a disorganised collection of strangers waiting for the end of the season?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

yasser
Member Avatar
Ivan Golac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hopefully the one that started the game on Tuesday.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

litljortindan2
Member Avatar
Ian McCall
[ *  *  *  * ]
not

25 Lewis
17 Robson
5 Quinn
3 Scobbie
32 Mason
16 Flood
15 Slater Substituted for Lyng at 59'minutes
19 Keatings Substituted for Chalmers at 66'minutes
12 Stanton
11 King Substituted for Smith at 86'minutes Booked at 89mins
8 McDonald

Naebody
Member Avatar
Twat
What's the scenario where we get within a couple of points of Livi going into the last day, then concede a late equaliser in that game and finish third? Because that's what's going to happen.

Tom_Boland
Member Avatar
Ivan Golac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nothing short of a win today is acceptable. Be great if we could win by a large margin ( say 5 goals). Midden should get the title today. Brechin to beat the Pars, and Queens to beat Morts would also help. Maybe asking too much.

Setenza
Member Avatar
[twitter=dundeeunitedfc/status/985140683236433932]

Naebody
Member Avatar
Twat
Why does Deniz get go by one name, like Pele? Seems a bit concieted.

Setenza
Member Avatar
As long as he doesn't concede, he can call himself whatever he wants.

1-0 up at half time, we're finding form at just the right time.

Setenza
Member Avatar
Morton losing, if we hang on, could a a good result all round.

Cobardon
Member Avatar
Uncle Smurf
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A good day right enough.

Solid, if unspectacular, but we'll take that given our previous woes.

Bringing in Mohsni has made a huge difference, despite my misgivings...he wins most of the balls he goes for and his distribution is good too. Also a key to our improvement is the introduction of Gillespie, who I imagine was short of fitness when he first came. He wins it and keeps it simple, and has added a lot of steel to our often fragile defence.

The forward line was sporadically good...McDonald's passing was woeful, but he did a lot of harrying, Mikkelsen was holding it up better than I've often seen him and McMullen had one of his better games, and should have finished it late on.

I'm definitely happier with Deniz at the back: he shouts a lot and inspires confidence.

We should clinch a playoff spot on Tuesday...so anyone's guess what sort of performance we'll put in then.

Conan the Destroyer
Member Avatar
I prefer it when we're pish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hurray! We’re going to win the league!

Tom_Boland
Member Avatar
Ivan Golac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A win and a clean sheet is nothing to complain about. Just a bit disappointed we never scored any more goals. It wasnt a brilliant game as such. Kinda similar to Tuesday night. Dont know how, coz it wasnt St Midden we were playing. Falkirk couldn't have had more than 1 or 2 attempts that I mind of. Deniz didnt have to make any spectacular saves. In contrast, Barirns keeper had to make a few.

Our goal came from the Bairns keeper putting the ball out to his player on the right but he phucked up and King got the ball, layed-off to Willo, who put a great cross in and Big Tam thumped it in low to the left. Big Tams best game yet TBH.

After goal, Bairns had a lot of the ball. Until about 20 mins later when Skippy chipped in to King but his shot was saved. McMullan had a great attempt from the left just after that but was saved.
1st half attempts from Willo, Gillespie, McMullan(x3), and King.

Near the end, McMullan had a brilliant shot which just slipped wide of the left post
2nd half attempts were from McMullan(x2), Skippy, and Mosher.

Gillespie had a good game I thought. Although he didnt have an awful lot of the ball, but he played some good simple passes, and had 1 good attempt in the 1st 5 minutes.

Some less than quality loose passes generally fae lots of players the day, from which we lost possession, and this contributes towards our general lack of chances. Was a wee bit disappointed in Skippy the day. Thought he should've been hooked instead of McMullan.

One thing that was pretty noticeable the day. When the ball was in play in the midfield area of the park, you could clearly see the 2 Falkirk fowards up, always in line we our back 4. But rarely were our any of our players up in line with the Falkirk defenders. Big Tam, Skippy and McMullan nearly always aboot 10 yards back from them. Baffling. And of course the flavour of the month just now, when the opposition get a corner, we have no chunt up front. In the 1st half alone, at least twice, if we'd had a player out, we were on a good break.
Mosher the day cleared the ball over 25 times.

MOTM for me between McMullan and Mosher.

Hamish
Member Avatar
Gordon Chisholm
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah well, roll on Tuesday. Now we need two away wins - and if by some good fortune that is achieved - then Inverness to do us a favour by getting at least one point at Livi.

It's too much to hope for unfortunately, so it'll be Dunfermline in the first round of the play-offs.

Setenza
Member Avatar
Cobardon
Apr 14 2018, 04:35 PM
Bringing in Mohsni has made a huge difference, despite my misgivings...he wins most of the balls he goes for and his distribution is good too.
I don't think there's much doubt he's a decent player, it's more about can he remain calm and focused on the job. Maybe Ibrox was the worst place for him, given the attention, pressure and support who'd back him if he killed someone. Either way, if he stays focussed and helps the defence, I'm sure most will support him, even if I'm still waiting for him to explode at some point.

Conan the Destroyer
Member Avatar
I prefer it when we're pish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Setenza
Apr 16 2018, 01:10 PM
Maybe Ibrox was the worst place for him, given the attention, pressure and support who'd back him if he killed someone.
You haven't read the hilarious Rangers Media this morning.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Any Football · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find this theme on Forum2Forum.net & ZNR exclusively.