Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Search       Member List      Official United Site     ArabZone      ArabTRUST       BBC Sport     Twitter
Welcome to The Arab League, one of the longest established Dundee United Football forums, with many members from the old ArabFC forum.

New members are always welcomed, so to join the debate, just sign up - registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join The Arab League!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Vs Dunfermline Athletics; East End Park, Jan 13th at 3pm
Topic Started: Jan 8 2018, 03:28 PM (1,092 Views)
Naebody
Member Avatar
Twat
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We've a 100% win record when I start the match thread. You can thank me afterwards.

God only knows what team Csabbage will play, or how many left backs. Durnan coming back would be positive, as would a realisation that Keatings should play central or not at all. In midfield, god knows. Maybe just go back to how it was, because for now it's hard to avoid the conclusion that signing three players has weakened the team.

I'd go:

Lewis
Ballantyne Scobbie Durnan Robson
Flood Stanton
McMullan Keatings King
McDonald

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Conan the Destroyer
Member Avatar
I prefer it when we're pish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Playing matches seems to be having a terrible effect on our promotion ambitions, so let's pray for snow.

Conan the Destroyer
Member Avatar
Naebody
Jan 8 2018, 03:28 PM
We've a 100% win record when I start the match thread. You can thank me afterwards.

God only knows what team Csabbage will play, or how many left backs. Durnan coming back would be positive, as would a realisation that Keatings should play central or not at all. In midfield, god knows. Maybe just go back to how it was, because for now it's hard to avoid the conclusion that signing three players has weakened the team.

I'd go:

Lewis
Ballantyne Scobbie Durnan Robson
Flood Stanton
McMullan Keatings King
McDonald

McMullan is still suspended for being a diving, cheating wee get. And Keatings is as good as a man short. I think we're beginning to see why he's been part of a promoted team three times and dumped at the end of each season. It's cos he's pure pish.
Edited by Conan the Destroyer, Jan 8 2018, 04:28 PM.

Naebody
Member Avatar
Twat
Conan the Destroyer
Jan 8 2018, 04:27 PM
McMullan is still suspended for being a diving, cheating wee get.
Balls. Smith wide then.

Quote:

And Keatings is as good as a man short. I think we're beginning to see why he's been part of a promoted team three times and dumped at the end of each season. It's cos he's pure pish.

Is he more or less pure pish than Lyng? Because Stanton looks rubbish behind the forward, and Slater + Flood looks like the biggest clusterfuck since Rome fell. To my mind, we either move McDonald back into the mixer and stick Lyng upfront, or we persist with Keatings in the hope that he'll come good eventually.

Conan the Destroyer
Member Avatar
Naebody
Jan 8 2018, 04:41 PM
Conan the Destroyer
Balls. Smith wide then.

Quote:

And Keatings is as good as a man short. I think we're beginning to see why he's been part of a promoted team three times and dumped at the end of each season. It's cos he's pure pish.

Is he more or less pure pish than Lyng? Because Stanton looks rubbish behind the forward, and Slater + Flood looks like the biggest clusterf*ck since Rome fell. To my mind, we either move McDonald back into the mixer and stick Lyng upfront, or we persist with Keatings in the hope that he'll come good eventually.
I haven't had the "pleasure" of seeing Lyng for myself so I'll keep schtum on that one. However, if he's going to be more pish than Keatings then that's a high bar to clear.

Maybe we need to think of one of the thousands of other formations available to a football them, rather than persisting with one which requires James Keatings on the pitch?

Barca87
Member Avatar
Gordon Chisholm
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Conan the Destroyer
Jan 8 2018, 05:04 PM
Naebody
Jan 8 2018, 04:41 PM
Conan the Destroyer
Balls. Smith wide then.

Quote:

Is he more or less pure pish than Lyng? Because Stanton looks rubbish behind the forward, and Slater + Flood looks like the biggest clusterf*ck since Rome fell. To my mind, we either move McDonald back into the mixer and stick Lyng upfront, or we persist with Keatings in the hope that he'll come good eventually.
I haven't had the "pleasure" of seeing Lyng for myself so I'll keep schtum on that one. However, if he's going to be more pish than Keatings then that's a high bar to clear.

Maybe we need to think of one of the thousands of other formations available to a football them, rather than persisting with one which requires James Keatings on the pitch?
Play with 10 men?

Naebody
Member Avatar
Twat
Conan the Destroyer
Jan 8 2018, 05:04 PM
On Saturday we had a back four of three left backs and a right back, who played in the middle. I worry that, while we have Gobshite in charge, any change of formation will involve shifting from a 4-5-1 to a single plum floating in perfume, served in a man's hat.

zico
Member Avatar
Ivan Golac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Any chance of fielding this line up?

Maxwell

Malpas
Perry
Presley
Welsh
Coyle
Mcswegan
Brewster
Bowman
McLaren
daily ?????

Or have I just missed the past 21 seasons???
Edited by zico, Jan 8 2018, 09:15 PM.

Conan the Destroyer
Member Avatar
Never rated Mark Perry.

Setenza
Member Avatar
Knitting with only one needle
The one positive recently is that we've bounced back well from disappointments, so hopefully we can do the same again. Then not have many more disappointments, as we're running out of time.

Barca87
Member Avatar
Gordon Chisholm
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
zico
Jan 8 2018, 09:15 PM
Any chance of fielding this line up?

Maxwell

Malpas
Perry
Presley
Welsh
Coyle
Mcswegan
Brewster
Bowman
McLaren
daily ?????

Or have I just missed the past 21 seasons???
I think Jorgensen is getting the call to be in calls for this match.

Naebody
Member Avatar
Twat
Honestly, what the fucking christ is he on about here?

Barca87
Member Avatar
Gordon Chisholm
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Surely if Saturday told him anything it was that new signings are clearly the last thing we need!

Conan the Destroyer
Member Avatar
Naebody
Jan 9 2018, 09:23 AM
Honestly, what the f*cking christ is he on about here?
Time for a lie down Shabby.

Morvant's Finest
Member Avatar
Tommy McLean
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Conan the Destroyer
Jan 9 2018, 10:26 AM
Naebody
Jan 9 2018, 09:23 AM
Honestly, what the f*cking christ is he on about here?
Time for a lie down Shabby.
Ach come on, enjoy the ride folks. Csaba does have a Golac like tendancy to meander a bit on the way to his main point but he gets there in the end :holein1:

Quote:

“Now we have two very important games, which maybe give us the possibly to bounce back and the possibility to show that it was really a very, very bad day – that’s the reaction I want.

“I don’t want the reaction that somebody points to another.

“Next Saturday, we have to show we’re back in the right way.

“I want a reaction, I want that the players to show next week a completely different face. Even to talk about why this happened.

“We lost a lot of desire and it’s unacceptable not to win one-on-one situations.”

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Any Football · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find this theme on Forum2Forum.net & ZNR exclusively.